The Grand to Grand Ultra 2022 (9th Edition) will take in Northern Arizona and Southern Utah, USA from 18th to 24th September 2022.
Entry fee is US$ 3,700 per individual
As COVID evolves from a pandemic disease to an endemic one, our protocols at G2G/M2M must change as well. Our overall goal is to get as many runners back out on the trail while still providing a safe environment to do so. Therefore, starting with G2G 2022, our COVID policies have been updated to include the following:
1. We strongly encourage all runners to be fully vaccinated against COVID. “Fully vaccinated” means you have received two doses of Pfizer/Moderna/AstraZeneca/Covishield/Sinopharm/Sinovac (or equivalent) or a single dose of Johnson and Johnson (or equivalent) as advised by the CDC, as being accepted.
2. Booster vaccinations are encouraged if recommended but not required.
3. Runners who are fully vaccinated will need to upload proof of vaccination as directed prior to your arrival in Kanab.
4. Runners who are NOT fully vaccinated will be allowed to participate but must provide the results of a negative COVID test (antigen or PCR) administered within 72 hrs of race check-in (ie taken after 1 pm on Sept 13th). Self-administered tests will not be accepted. Non-vaccinated runners without a negative test will not be allowed to check-in.
5. ALL volunteers are still required to be fully vaccinated.
6. Masks will be optional at checkpoints and in camp for both runners and staff.
7. Any runner/volunteer who appears to develop symptoms during the course can be asked to take a rapid antigen test and, if positive, will be asked to leave camp for the safety of others.
This policy is currently in place however we reserve the right to make changes should Covid-19 conditions deteriorate and government guidelines change.
To register, please complete the online registration form in full.
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your registration.
A deposit of US$1,000 is required to confirm your place in your nationality quota.
Alternatively the total amount of the Entry Fee may be paid in full at the time of the online application.
Should participants wish to register as a team, then each team member should note this on their application and provide the name of their team. Each team should consist of 3 team members. Please read the additional Rules Relating to Teams under Rules and Regulations.
In the event that your application is unsuccessful due to the available spots being previously filled, your name will then go on the waiting list without charge and in the order in which it is received. You will be notified if spots become available.
We are delighted to offer the following discounts:
* No discount can be combined with any other discount.
* In the event you enjoy a discount to the full fee, the deposit remains at US$1,000 with the discounted balance falling due on the second balance payment.
All persons who have previously signed up and paid in full for a previous Grand to Grand Ultra or Mauna to Mauna Ultra event are entitled to a 10% discount off any future events.
Bring a Friend
If you have participated in the Grand to Grand Ultra or the Mauna to Mauna Ultra before and then bring a friend with you, who has not yet done G2G or M2M, we will give you 20% off your entry fee. If you bring more than one friend with you, we will give you a 20% discount for each friend you bring. So if you bring five friends, your entry will be free!
Just be sure to have your friend put your name down on their online application under “How did you hear about this event?” for you to receive the benefit.
The friend has to be known by the G2G alumni before they submit their application and the friend’s name must be submitted in their online entry application.
In the event that the friend withdraws their application before paying for their entry fee in full, then the discount is also withdrawn.
All persons over the age of 65 will receive a discount of 10%.
All current serving and ex-military personnel will receive a discount of 10%. Please provide a copy of your military ID.
The closest international airport, to Kanab, Utah, is the McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, Nevada (200 miles).
Participants will need to arrive in Kanab, Utah no later than Thursday, 15th September 2022. (However, we would encourage participants to arrive earlier in order to acclimatize)
There are no scheduled bus departures between Las Vegas and Kanab. Apart from the chartered bus transfers mentioned below, another option to get to Kanab is to rent a car from Las Vegas, which needs to be driven back to Las Vegas as there are no car rental drop locations in Kanab.
There are numerous car rental agencies at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.
Special chartered bus transfers by LD Tours departing from McCarran International Airport to Kanab will be available on the following dates and time:
• Monday, 12th September 2022: 4:00 PM
• Tuesday, 13th September 2022: 4:00 PM
• Wednesday, 14th September 2022: 4:00 PM
• Thursday, 15th September 2022: 4:00 PM
After the race, there will be a bus transfer from Kanab to McCarran International Airport on:
• Sunday, 25th September 2022: 8:00 AM and 10:00 AM
** Please note that Las Vegas is on PST (Pacific Standard Time) and Kanab is on MST (Mountain Standard Time). Kanab is one hour ahead of Las Vegas.
The drive takes 4 hours from Las Vegas to Kanab.
We recommend that you book your return flight to depart no earlier than 2:00pm (for the 8am departure) and 4pm (for the 10am departure)
Accommodation on nights of 16th September and 24th September, based on double occupancy (sharing with another participant) is included in the entry fee.
Participants have to book their own accommodation outside of these dates.
Information on bus transfers, preferred hotels and other hotels will be available to participants with a confirmed spot in the race.
- Saturday, 17th September: transport from Kanab to first bivouac on rim of the Grand Canyon
- Saturday, 24th September: transport from Finish Line to Kanab and return travel to the Awards Dinner from Kanab
For the evening(s) of:
- Friday, 16th September: hotel accommodation in Kanab (double room shared with another participant)
- Saturday, 17th September through Friday, 23rd September: space in a 10-man tent at roving campsite
- Saturday, 24th September: hotel accommodation in Kanab (double room shared with another participant)
Food & Beverage
- Friday, 16th September: Welcome dinner in Kanab
- Saturday, 17th September: breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Water for the duration of the race
- Saturday, 24th September: lunch at the finish line and Awards Dinner in Kanab
- On course medical support
- Storage of all luggage during the race
- Race course book
- Finisher's buckle
- Finisher’s Certificate
- Sponsor Goodie Bag
Each checkpoint (CP) is staffed by experienced race trained volunteers and a medical professional. In addition to water, each CP is supplied with hand sanitiser, shade, seats, and garbage bags.
Registration for 2022 will close on 30th June 2022, or earlier if quotas have been filled.
All entry fees are non-transferrable and may not be deferred to any future events.
Withdrawal more than 120 days before the race start
Refund of monies paid, less $500 admin fee
Withdrawal less than 120 days before race start
Withdrawal due to medical reason only and more than 60 days before the race start
(must be supported by a doctor’s letter)
Deferral permitted on a one-time basis only, for the following year only and subject to a $200 deferral fee
Withdrawal due to medical reason , less than 60 days before the race start
No refund and no deferral allowed
The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or modify the Event. Further, the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time before the official start or cancel the Event after it has started. In such circumstances, the Organizer will not be liable to refund the entry fee.
The Organizer further represents that they will use their best endeavours to either:
1 Change the dates of the Event or
2 Continue to hold the Event but in a modified form
If we modify, cancel or otherwise change the Event, the Organizer will have no obligation to reimburse the participant the entry fee for the Event.
Moreover, the Organizer will not have any liability to the participant for the rescheduling or cancellation of any Event nor have any responsibility for any of the participant’s costs which includes, but is not limited to, flights, hotels, insurance, visa and other related expenses.
In the event that cancellation of the Event occurs due to ongoing restrictions imposed on participants and the Event by Covid-19, then in such a case, all participants will be permitted to defer their entry without penalty, to the following year.
Should the Event continue to be held, then any participant who has paid their Entry Fee but is unable to travel to Kanab, Utah due to government enforced travel restrictions, will be permitted to defer their entry to the following year. In such cases, the participant is required to provide proof of the restriction in writing to the Organizer.
For the Grand to Grand Ultra 2022, the total number of participants will be limited to 170 and a quota is being imposed for each nationality as follows:
|Country||Maximum number of entries accepted|
|Australia & New Zealand||10|
|Central and South America||5|
|Rest of the World||15|
* The Organizer retains the right to change quotas and the total number of participants