MANDATORY EQUIPMENT TO BE PROVIDED BY PARTICIPANT:
NOTE: All equipment and clothing must be labelled with full name and/or race number.
- Sleeping bag: Temperature rating of Zero Celsius (32 Fahrenheit) or lower. Extreme temperature rating acceptable but a comfort rating is highly recommended.
- Note: the manufacturer's label must be intact and reflect that this minimum requirement is met. No alternatives (e.g. silk liner) will be acceptable. If a label is not available on the sleeping bag, a printout of the manufacturer's sleeping bag specifications which includes the temperature rating must be presented at the mandatory race check-in.
- Sleeping pad (torso length minimum)
- Light down or fiberfill jacket. No substitutions (wool shirts, fleece, etc.) acceptable.
- Rain poncho or waterproof jacket with hood and taped seams
- Knife with 3-5 cm (1.1-2.0 in) blade
- Signal mirror 20 cm2 (3 in2) minimum
- Foil emergency/Space blanket
- Two headlamps with spare batteries, each headlamp must be a minimum of 200 lumens. Note: If headlamps use different battery types, then a spare set for each headlamp is required. If both headlamps use the same battery type then only one set is required.
- Red flashing light (to be affixed to backpack for night stage, a spare battery for this is also recommended)
- Ability to carry 1.5 liters (50 oz) of water minimum. Recommend 2 x 750ml bottles but bladders are acceptable. Please refer to Water section under Rules and Regulations for more details of water supply)
- A minimum of 2,000 calories for each remaining stage of the race (4,000 calories for Stage 3) upon completion of the previous stage for a total of 14,000 calories at the start of self-sufficiency on Day 1.
- G2G race patches - to be provided by the Organizers
- Country flag patch (rectangular, size approx. 2" H x 3.5" W) for your left shirt sleeve, to be worn everyday during the race
- Blister Kit sufficient for your needs for the entire event- (alcohol wipes, hypodermic needle(s), paper tape, elastic tape e.g. Elastikon, Leukotape, Rocktape)
Tip - Weight will be a crucial factor and we therefore recommend that you select the lightest possible gear and equipment when making your choices.
Spot checks for mandatory equipment will be conducted during the race.
TO BE PROVIDED BY THE ORGANIZERS:
- Race Course Book
- Emergency electrolyte replacement tablets at camps and checkpoints
- Race Passport
- Race Patches
RECOMMENDED ITEMS (not mandatory):
- Dry bag for sleeping bag/jacket
- Cap (sahara hat with neck flap, if you prefer)
- Foot powder
- Hand sanitizer
- Lip balm with sunscreen
- Toilet paper
- Wet wipes
- Spork (spoon/fork)
- Folding bowl
- Small amount of duct tape
- Ear plugs
If you have any questions regarding equipment please join us on our G2G/M2M Ultra Group on Facebook where there is an active forum among entrants providing great tips and advice. Please remember to Like our Grand to Grand Ultra Page!