Local Activities in/around Kanab, Utah
The Kanab area is prime vacation country. A wide range of outdoor activities are available for family and friends who will be traveling with participants of the Grand to Grand Ultra.
Please consult the official Kanab and Kane County Tourism website
National Parks and National Monuments in close proximity to Kanab:
- Grand Staircase National Monument (0 miles)
- Pipe Spring National Monument (21 miles)
- Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park (22 miles)
- Zion National Park (41 miles)
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area including Lake Powell (65 miles)
- Vermillion Cliffs National Monument (66 miles)
- Bryce National Park (78 miles)
- Grand Canyon National Park (80 miles to North Rim)
ATV Tours / Rafting the Colorado River / Guided Tours / Mountain Biking / Boating / Hiking
Various options: Lake Powell, Quail Creek, Sand Hollow, etc.
- www.leesferry.com/terry_gunn.htm (Terry Gunn, Lee's Ferry Guide)
Horseback Riding and trails
Red Rock Ride: The latest of the Houston adventures is the red rock ride. The ride is a one week horse back camping vacation that takes you through Zion National Park, onto Bryce Canyon National Park, down the Paria Wilderness, and across the Arizona strip to the Grand Canyon.
Other Interesting Local Sightseeing
Best Friends Animal Society Tours: Tours of world-renowned non-profit animal care organization with extensive facilities in scenic Angel Canyon; book/gift shop.
"Little Hollywood" : Visit 'Frontier Movie Town & Museum'; extensive collections from several of the many famous movies made in Kanab. Participate in movie reenactments.
Kanab Heritage Museum: Visit Heritage House (restoration of 1894 Bowman residence; on National Register of Historic Places) and Heritage Museum (extensive exhibits of artifacts and information related to Kanab history).
Moqui Cave Tours: Visit Moqui Cave, a museum depicting the lives and achievements of the Anasazi Tribes in Southern Utah during the pueblo period.